Happy New Year!!!Nevermind the fact that my dear Annika is hours away at a cabin with the flu and it kills me that I am not with her! My poor husband is sick too! 2009 is sure to be a wonderful year even with the rocky beginning! Still hoping the little ones don't get sick!!
I haven't blogged forever and thought right now since I can't sleep would be as good of a time as any! Last year at this time as a party raged on downstairs...I like the disciplined person I like to be (but rarely am) went to bed at midnight and ran a race the following day! Tomorrow...I have my sights set upon the mother of all marathons....getting laundry and everyones clothes sorted through and organized! It was actually my job for yesterday BUT Annissa came home early from soccer and I was so excited to hang out with her we opted for more exciting things! We went to Target then took a surprise turn to Shannon's to chop my hair off for Locks for Love! Actually...I love my new do and so does Paul! A win/win situation! Something I was meaning to do for a while because of a special girl named Hannah Welker. I hope my curly mop of long hair helps someone!
Well...my New Years resolutions are pretty simple! Be a good mom and wife! Complete my goals...and yes I have some big ones! I am doing a Triathlon on March 14th! What on earth was I thinking???I am so lucky to be a mom to 4 lovely and wonderful girls! I hope this year...I take time to live in the moment and enjoy as much as possible with them! I will be realistic...I won't be doing tons of baking or crafty stuff! Long drives to freezing soccer games, sitting through six hours of softball with my heart racing each time my sweet Brookie comes up to bat!Gymnastics...knowing each photo in the hall at Lana's dance studio by heart as I follow Liya back and forth during Allie's lessons! Taking Paul's clothes to the cleaners knowing the day I pick them up Paul will act like I am the most wonderful wife on earth! Atleast 2 "Thank you's" and a hug every time! I do try to write hand written letters every now and then! Lunch with my dad and Shannon every so often. I love this one Vet he lives with. He always salutes me! He deserves another medal for being such a nice human being! Maybe I should take up baking more just to bring goodies to him! Remembering to call my Grandma as she valantly goes through yet another bout of chemo. It breaks my heart that my Grandpa isn't there to hold her when it hurts. I just can't imagine going through all that when I am 85 after being married to Paul for over 60 years and not having him with me! I will send her flowers tomorrow! As I noticed by reading my unkept blog...time passes so quickly. Enjoy 2009... friends and family! I hope everyone is healthy, prosperous and 2009 is a year worth remembering when I am sitting on a porch somewhere as an old lady...and no Kim...I will never be talking to a cat! XOXOXO
Thursday, January 1, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Lori, Lori, Lori! Now I know why we are friends. Are minds do think so much alike. So excited for the triathlon...I'm getting my butt started at the gym tomorrow. Starting with eating healthy today. Most of all being the best person we can be to ourselves and our families. xoxo!
Hey, you posted something! Sounds like great resolutions. Here's to a great 2009!
Post a Comment